The Penn’s Northeast region knows how important education is for a strong region to become even more successful. Because of this, our education system prepares students above and beyond the country standard. We have over 25 higher educational institutions in our region including top ranked graduate and undergraduate universities, community colleges, and one of the nation’s newest medical colleges, The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC).
Students who study in the Penn's Northeast region are trained extensively in their field.
The schools in Northeast Pennsylvania have some of the highest enrollment in health professions, business management, marketing and engineering.
Even before college, our region focuses on education.
US News ranks several of the high schools and elementary schools in the area as the best in the country. We have public schools, private institutions and vocational programs for students to learn and succeed.
Higher Educational Institutions in NEPA
- Alvernia College, Schuylkill Campus
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Baptist Bible College and Seminary
- Clarks Summit University
- The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC)
- East Stroudsburg University
- Fortis Institute
- ITT Technical Institute, Dunmore Campus
- Johnson College
- Keystone College
- King’s College
- Lackawanna College
- Lackawanna College, Lake Region Center
- Marywood University
- McCann School of Business & Technology
- Misericordia University
- Northampton Community College, Monroe Campus
- Penn State University, Abington Campus
- Penn State University, Hazleton Campus
- Penn State University, Wilkes-Barre Campus
- Penn State University, Worthington/Scranton Campus
- Wilkes University